Sublimation is a popular printing technique that allows you to create high-quality, long-lasting designs on your shirts. Unlike traditional screen printing, sublimation uses heat to transfer dye onto the fabric, resulting in vibrant colors and crisp details. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps of sublimating a shirt so you can create your own custom designs.
- Sublimation printer
- Sublimation ink
- Sublimation paper
- Heat press
- White polyester shirt
- Teflon sheet
- Design your shirt using graphic design software. Make sure to mirror the image before printing.
- Load sublimation paper into your printer and print your design onto the paper.
- Preheat your heat press to 375°F.
- Cut out your design from the sublimation paper using scissors.
- Place the Teflon sheet onto the heat press.
- Place the white polyester shirt onto the Teflon sheet.
- Place the sublimation paper with the design facing down onto the shirt.
- Cover the sublimation paper with another Teflon sheet.
- Press the heat press down onto the shirt and sublimation paper for 60 seconds.
- Remove the heat press and peel off the sublimation paper to reveal your design.
- Allow the shirt to cool before wearing or washing.
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure to use a white polyester shirt for best results.
- Use high-quality sublimation ink and paper for vibrant colors and crisp details.
- Preheat your shirt before sublimating to remove any moisture.
- Experiment with different designs and colors to create unique shirts.
- Store your sublimation paper in a cool, dry place to prevent it from curling or wrinkling.
Sublimation is a fun and easy way to create custom shirts with vibrant colors and crisp details. By following this step-by-step guide, you can learn how to sublimate a shirt and create your own unique designs. With a little practice and experimentation, you’ll be able to create high-quality shirts that will last for years to come.
You are looking : how to sublimate a shirt