What are Edibles?
Edibles are food products that are infused with cannabis. They come in a variety of forms, including brownies, cookies, gummies, and chocolates. Edibles are a popular way to consume cannabis because they are discreet and easy to use. However, they can also be very potent and can lead to an overdose if not used properly.
How do Edibles Affect the Body?
When you consume an edible, the THC (the psychoactive compound in cannabis) is absorbed through the digestive system and metabolized by the liver. This process can take up to two hours to take effect, which is why it is important to start with a low dose and wait before consuming more. Once the THC is metabolized, it produces a high that can last for several hours.
What to Do if You Overdose on Edibles
If you consume too much THC from an edible, you may experience symptoms such as anxiety, paranoia, rapid heartbeat, and hallucinations. If this happens, it is important to stay calm and remember that the effects will eventually wear off. Here are some tips for recovering from an edible overdose:
- Find a quiet and comfortable place to rest
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated
- Eat something with a high sugar content, such as candy or fruit juice, to help counteract the effects of THC
- Take deep breaths and try to relax
- Call a friend or family member for support
If your symptoms are severe or do not improve after a few hours, seek medical attention.
Tips for Recovering from Edibles
Here are some tips for recovering from edibles:
- Start with a low dose and wait before consuming more
- Choose edibles with a lower THC content
- Read the label carefully to determine the serving size and THC content
- Store edibles in a safe and secure place to prevent accidental consumption
- Keep a journal to track your consumption and how it affects you
- Take breaks from using edibles to prevent tolerance and dependence
Edibles can be a fun and enjoyable way to consume cannabis, but they can also be very potent and lead to an overdose if not used properly. If you do overdose on edibles, remember to stay calm and follow the tips outlined in this guide. To prevent an overdose, start with a low dose and wait before consuming more, choose edibles with a lower THC content, and store them in a safe and secure place. By following these tips, you can enjoy the benefits of edibles without the risk of an overdose.
You are looking : how to recover from edibles