When it comes to hair length, it can be difficult to know exactly what you’re getting. Hair length is measured in inches, but what does that really mean? In this article, we’ll take a closer look at 20 inch hair and how it compares to other hair lengths.
Understanding Hair Length
Hair length is measured from the root to the tip of the hair. This measurement is taken when the hair is straightened, as curly or wavy hair can appear shorter than it actually is. Hair length is typically measured in inches, with the most common lengths being 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, and 26 inches.
It’s important to note that hair length can vary depending on the individual. Factors such as hair texture, thickness, and growth rate can all affect the length of your hair. Additionally, hair length can be affected by how often you trim your hair and how well you take care of it.
How Long is 20 Inch Hair?
Now that we have a better understanding of hair length, let’s take a closer look at 20 inch hair. 20 inch hair is considered to be a medium length, falling just below the shoulders. This length is popular because it allows for a variety of hairstyles, from long layers to blunt cuts.
When measuring 20 inch hair, it’s important to remember that this length is based on straightened hair. If you have curly or wavy hair, your hair may appear shorter than 20 inches when it’s straightened.
Comparing 20 Inch Hair to Other Lengths
So how does 20 inch hair compare to other hair lengths? Here’s a quick breakdown:
- 10-12 inches: Short hair, typically above the shoulders
- 14-16 inches: Medium-short hair, typically at or just below the shoulders
- 18-20 inches: Medium hair, typically just below the shoulders
- 22-24 inches: Medium-long hair, typically just above the waist
- 26+ inches: Long hair, typically at or below the waist
As you can see, 20 inch hair falls right in the middle of medium hair lengths.
Caring for 20 Inch Hair
Whether you have 20 inch hair or a different length, it’s important to take good care of your hair to keep it healthy and looking its best. Here are some tips for caring for 20 inch hair:
- Use a gentle shampoo and conditioner
- Avoid using heat styling tools too often
- Get regular trims to prevent split ends
- Protect your hair from the sun and other environmental factors
- Eat a healthy diet to promote hair growth and strength
By following these tips, you can help keep your 20 inch hair looking beautiful and healthy.
So, how long is 20 inch hair? It’s a medium length that falls just below the shoulders. Understanding hair length can help you choose the right hairstyle and take better care of your hair. By following these tips, you can keep your 20 inch hair looking its best.
You are looking : how long is 20 inch hair