Dwarf Fortress is a complex and challenging game that requires players to manage a colony of dwarves in a harsh and unforgiving world. One of the key aspects of the game is crafting, and mugs are a popular item that can be made by your dwarves. In this guide, we will walk you through the process of making mugs in Dwarf Fortress.
- Wood or charcoal
- Optional: Glaze
- Find a source of clay. This can be done by digging into the ground or finding a clay deposit on the surface.
- Build a kiln. This can be done by selecting the kiln from the build menu and placing it in a suitable location.
- Collect wood or charcoal. This will be used as fuel for the kiln.
- Prepare the clay. This can be done by selecting the clay from the stocks menu and designating it to be made into mugs.
- Load the kiln with the prepared clay and fuel.
- Start the kiln. This can be done by selecting the kiln and choosing the “start” option.
- Wait for the mugs to be fired. This can take several in-game days.
- Remove the mugs from the kiln and optionally apply glaze.
- Store the mugs in a suitable location.
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure to have enough fuel for the kiln before starting the firing process.
- Consider building multiple kilns to speed up the production process.
- Experiment with different types of glaze to create unique and interesting mugs.
- Store the mugs in a location that is easily accessible to your dwarves.
Making mugs in Dwarf Fortress can be a fun and rewarding experience. By following this guide, you should now have a good understanding of the materials and steps needed to create mugs in the game. Remember to experiment and have fun with the crafting process!
You are looking : dwarf fortress how to make mugs